I am going to come right out and say that I kind of suck at being a girl. I get lazy about hair removal, and prefer methods like hair removal creams to shaving, simply because the results last longer. This was my first experience with an Epilator, and overall I was pretty pleased. Though a little more time consuming than a hair removal cream, I preferred the results more than any other hair removal option available to me. It’s definitely far superior to shaving.
Setup with the Emjoi Epi Slim+ e18 was easy- Read the instruction pamphlet, put in the batteries, and you are ready to go. I thought the instructions would be a little more confusing, but they were actually very straight-forward and easy to understand.
The Emjoi Epi Slim+ e18 is a compact hair remover epilator with 18 tweezers to erase unwanted hair from the root. The worldwide patented 3 disc system makes it extremely comfortable and keeps hair away for up to six weeks. It is battery-operated and great for travel.
- 18 tweezer action discs remove hair from the root for up to 6 weeks.
- Erase Glide Technology – glide back and forth or circular motion over hair for smooth, hair-free skin in seconds.
- Patented 3 disc system – each disc set contains one fixed disc and two that open and close to gently assist in skin stretching to increase comfort.
- Skin Glide Technology lifts up and removes hair by gliding the tweezer discs over the skin with less irritation.
- 14mm discs – optimum radius to remove hair.
- Removes hair from the root as short as 0.3mm.
- 540 tweezer actions per second.
- Great for facial and body hair.
- Battery-operated (2AA not included).
Emjoi offers a huge variety of Epilators. I honestly didn’t know so many options were available!
After trying the Epi Slim+ e18, I took notes on a few things. I would recommend cleaning after each use with the enclosed brush it also states this in the user manual.
Make sure your hair isn’t too long. I noticed that with shorter hair, it didn’t tug at my skin so much when removing the hair. It’s not a very pleasant feeling when using it, but it is totally bearable. It honestly feels like plucking your eyebrows. If you can handle that, you can handle an epilator. My grandma always told me that beauty doesn’t come without a little pain every once in a while (HA. If you have ever waxed any part of your body you know that that is more than a little pain!!). This was definitely way less painful than waxing.
Here are my before and after pictures:
It is also a little noisy. It’s not going to rattle the windows or anything, but if someone is taking a nap, I would recommend using this epilator in a different room.
All in all- I loved this product. It didn’t leave any hairs, and the area of the skin I used it on is still smooth. I don’t have any stubble. This would be great to use to get your legs ready for swim season.
The Epi Slim+ e18 is priced at $34.95, and in my opinion is worth it!